When it comes to a healthy and brilliant smile, being proactive is key. One of the greatest ways you and your family can be proactive in your dental health is through general dentistry. This type of dentistry includes a wide range of services in which we at Bayview Dental Center excel in! The services can be simple and straightforward like teeth cleaning or x-ray, or they can include more involved procedures involving either the hard tissue (filling tooth cavities or placing a cap on a troublesome tooth) or inspecting or treating the soft tissue (like a root canal).
Benefits Of General Dentistry
Most in the dental health profession will agree that visiting your local dentist once every six months is ideal. However, some patients often wonder if this is necessary because they don’t feel any trouble with their teeth or gums. In reality, that is the wonder of general dentistry!
- Preventative Dentistry – When you visit us regularly, we can both clean and examine your teeth to help you avoid a variety of dental health issues:
- Gum disease/periodontitis
- Oral cancer
- Tooth infection
- Restorative Dentistry – If you are currently suffering from one of the above conditions, there’s no need to fear. General dentistry also includes many treatment options:
- Cavity fillings and caps
- Cleaning and plaque removal
- Root canal
- Wisdom teeth removal
If you choose us as your general or family dentist in Texas City, TX, we will do everything in our power to prevent any dental issues from occurring and will stop at nothing to fix them when they do.
What To Expect
As with every service offered at Bayview Dental Center, you should expect the highest dental standard when it comes to our general dentistry. This is because we pride ourselves on being thorough and attentive to each patient’s individual dental health needs when they arrive at our doors.
One of the greatest and most precise ways to determine your individual needs is the dental exam, where we will:
- Clean your teeth
- Remove plaque and tartar
- Examine gums and teeth for any signs of any oral health risks
If any causes for concern are found, our office has been equipped with top-tier technology to help evaluate the next step in restoring your smile to its fullest potential. Our intra-oral camera is connected to a monitor that projects images of various parts of your oral cavity, providing useful insights into the state of your mouth, including your gums and teeth.
We have two types of x-rays to ensure our examinations are as comprehensive as possible:
- Dental Cone Beam CT (CBCT): This machine offers unparalleled clarity when it comes to 3D dental x-rays.
- Digital X-Ray: This x-ray uses less radiation while giving near-immediate results so we can find a resolution for any dental issues as quickly as possible.
We Are Your Family Dental Center!
Thanks to the unique blend of friendliness, professionalism, and commitment found at our office, our dental team makes patients of any age feel comfortable and welcome. As both a general and family dental center, we do our best to:
- Make your child’s first visit less intimidating
- Provide all the information on wisdom teeth removal to your teen
- Give your grandparents options on new dentures
We Do It All!
Being able to keep you and your entire family’s dental health at its peak is a great point of pride for us. We want to make sure that we not only can answer any questions you might have for any of your family’s oral care needs but also provide the solutions they require.